MBA + Advanced Finance & Risk Management
La Specializzazione (Concentration) in Advanced Finance & Risk Management è uno dei possibili percorsi per i partecipanti all'MBA in International Business di MIB School of Management e si sviluppa nel periodo marzo-maggio dei 12 mesi dell'MBA con 4 corsi (da 2 a 3 giornate), per un totale di 8 crediti formativi ECTS (European Credit Transfer System).
Come il resto del programma MBA, i corsi della concentration in Advanced Finance & Risk Management si svolgono in lingua inglese, con una faculty internazionale e con partecipanti che possono anche provenire da altri prodotti formativi della Scuola, come l'Executive MBA.
Corsi della Minor Concentration in Advanced Finance &
Tre giornate | 3 - 5 Aprile
Docente: Joao Amaro de Matos, University of Lisboa -
The objective of this course is to introduce the notion of options in discrete and continuous‐time, relating it to the basic principles of Corporate Finance and to the design of debt instruments.
Main topics that will be covered:
- Options’ payoffs and strategies
- Options’ value and absence of arbitrage
- Options’ value in discrete time: the Binomial Model
- Applications: Real options and the valuation of projects
- Options’ value in continuous‐time: the Black‐Scholes model
- Warrants valuation
- Callable debt
Tre giornate | 22 Marzo, 19 - 20
Docente: Laura Peressin, MIB Trieste School of
This course is designed to provide an introduction to risk management. At the end of this course all students will have a foundation in the main logical approaches and tools used in different kind of business in order to control and manage risk.
Emphasis is given on an
integrated approach to risk at corporate level.
The intended learning outcomes are the following:
- Understanding how the main kind of derivatives work
- Using derivatives for hedging risks
- Identifying the main risks in a company
- Understanding how risk management may help a company’s value creation
- Understanding the relation among risk, capital and performance in financial services
- Valuing the impact of risk on the performance of companies and their business units
- Understanding the use of RAPM for taking decisions
Tre giornate | 10 - 12 Maggio
Docente: Christopher Parsons, Cass
Business School, London - UK
This course focuses on the challenges which managers of insurance enterprises now face, in the aftermath of the financial crisis and the era of economic austerity which the crisis has brought about in Europe and the Western world.
The aim of the course is to identify and explore the main forces and drivers of change currently operating in insurance markets, the issues and problems that arise from them and the corporate and business strategies which insurers might adopt to ensure their successful survival.
Tre giornate | 30 Maggio - 01
Docente: Massimo Romano, Head of Group Integrated Reporting and
Cfo Hub presso Generali
Brief description of the course coming soon.