Visa & Documents
Students from countries outside the European Union must have a valid visa for the entire duration of the Master program.
The visa is issued by the Italian Embassy/Consulate in that particular country.
MIB School of Management offers tailored assistance to complete all the procedures.
To receive documents on time, we suggest you make the request
at least two months before: it takes one-month from the time
the Embassy receives all documentation for the issuing of the
The School will support the candidate in the visa process and
will send the necessary references to the Italian
Embassy/Consulate of that particular country.
The documents necessary to obtain a visa vary depending on the country of origin of the candidate.
They usually include:
- Valid passport (must be valid for at least three months after the end of the course)
- Passport photos;
- Copy of the admission letter from the School;
- Copy of rental contract or declaration of accommodation for the duration of the course;
- Proof of economic ability to cover the costs of participation and living expenses for the entire duration of the course, e.g. copy of bank statement or financial the guarantee from a company sponsor;
- Copy of health insurance documentation valid for the
period of the course.
Non-European Community citizens must request the permit of stay PERMIT of STAY (“permesso di soggiorno”) within 8 days from the arrival on the Italian
In case of MIB’s students the whole procedure must be done in Trieste. The School will send, before their arrival in Trieste, the list of the required documents and give support during the application procedure.
Health insurance & documentation for foreign students in Italy. >> Learn more